CARRYING OUT A CARBON ASSESSMENT IS ONLY MANDATORY FOR COMPANIES WITH MORE THAN 500 EMPLOYEES.
Phimeca is not subject to this regulation. However, we still have carried out our first complete Carbon Accounting, with the support of Aktio, in order to target action levers to reduce our CO2 emissions.
Verdict of this assessment :
- Not surprisingly, scope 3 (indirect CO2 emissions generated by our suppliers, by employee travel, etc.) represents 90% of our CO2 emissions.
- In particular, our two largest emission items are:
- 💶 purchases and/or fixed assets of goods and services,
- 🚙 transportation of Phimecanicien-ne-s.
In view of these results, we take in particular the resolutions of:
- 🤝 work with the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Cournon to promote soft mobility in the Zenith area,
- 🛤 to establish a benchmark of train / car / plane preference (what extra cost do we accept for a less emissive transport?),
- 💻 for IT tools, systematize the examination of quotes for reconditioned equipment.