Determine a geometric definition of an additional pipe hanger via topology optimisation. The objective is to maximise the hanger rigidity subject to a mass objective, while ensuring a proper mechanical strength.
- Creation of the additional hanger as a solid to optimise
- Finite-element modelling of the assembly: pipe and additional hanger
- Application of the boundary conditions and a static load matching a pressure inside the pipe
- Definition of areas excluded from the optimisation at the level of the additional hanger
- Definition of the mass optimisation target of the additional hanger
- Extraction of an optimized geometric definition of the additional hanger
- Verification of the mechanical strength of the additional hanger
FEM, finite-element modelling, linear static analysis and topology optimisation.