Validate the mechanical strength of an electrical cabinet undergoing seismic effects according to the verification criteria of the RCC-M (Design and Construction Rules for Mechanical Components of PWR Nuclear Islands).
- Finite-element modelling of the whole electrical cabinet.
- Calculation of the modal basis: natural frequencies and mode shapes
- Seismic calculation by spectrum analysis with CQC modal recombination (Complete Quadratic Combination).
- Analysis of the movement and calculated stress on the structure and comparison with permissible values defined in the RCC-M.
- Extraction of the reaction efforts at the electrical cabinet anchor points.
- Correlation with qualification tests on vibration table.
FEM, Finite-element modelling, modal analysis and spectrum response.